Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Monday, May 28, 2018
TASK 1: A LETTER OF COMPLAINT. 120-140 WORDS
Write a complaint email in 120-140 words, and at least 3 paragraphs, with details about what happened and ask for some action to be taken.
OPTION A: A COMPLAINT EMAIL ABOUT A TRIP. (CLM JUNE 2014)
Recently you used the webpage bookit.com to organize a trip to a European city. On arrival the hotel was full and you were relocated to another one miles away. There wasn't a family room so you and your children had to sleep in different rooms. Furthermore, the hotel reception and staff in general were not very helpful. To make things worse the buffet was also very limited.
OPTION B: A COMPLAINT EMAIL ABOUT A PRODUCT. (ASTURIAS 2011)
A few months ago you bought a number of items through the online shopping website printed below. Neither the items nor the service provided were what you had expected from the information on their website.
Write an e-mail to the manager of the company, explaining why you are unsatisfied with their service and products and demand whatever compensation or course of action you think appropriate.
TASK 2: AN EMAIL ABOUT RENTING YOUR FLAT (ASTURIAS JUNE 2015). 60-70 WORDS.
You have advertised your flat on a website to rent it while you are on holidays. You received the following email from somebody who is interested. Write back giving full details.
DEADLINE: 29TH-30TH MAY 2018
- More examples HERE
Have a look at different ways to complain HERE
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
2B2-16H (14 STUDENTS)
Vicente Albiñana, Helena
Cuenca Gozálvez, Mercedes
García Hernández, Cristina
Gil Pérez, Francisco José
Gómez Jordán, Jorge
Jiménez García, María Teresa
Millán Y Catalán, Verónica Isabel
Moreno Pereda, María Asela
Navarro Cerdán, Asunción
Navarro Tortosa, Antonio
Pagán Núñez, Francisco Tomás
Piqueras Ródenas, María Dolores
Rubio Freixanet, Verónica
Sánchez Serrano, Paloma
Sánchez Tobarra, Francisca Rosario
2B2-19H (15 STUDENTS)
Amorós García, Ascensión
Ángel Torres, María Amparo
Berenguer Cuenca, María Aurelia
Cuenca Delgado, Belén
Fernández Rodríguez, Pablo
Francés Bueno, Ana Belén
López Caerols, Rosa
Marco Albero, Francisco
Martínez Bellot, María Dolores
Pérez Pérez, María Cristina
Ruano Teruel, Guillermo
Ruano Villaescusa, Francisca
Soriano Pérez, AndreuVerdú Mínguez, Esmeralda
Vicente Albiñana, Helena
2. What would you do if you had €1million?
3. What different methods of payment do you know (cash, credit cards...) Which of them are used more widely in your country? What are their advantages and disadvantages?
4. There is an English proverb which says “time is money” do you agree with it?
5. Do you think that riches can have a bad effect on a person? Explain your answer.
6. Should children be given an
allowance (pocket money) from their parents? If so, how much?
7. Is it common to tip people in your country? Do you think tipping is a good idea? Explain your answer.
8. Do you give money to some charities? Why? Why not?
9. Do you remember what you bought with your first salary?
10. If you inherited a large amount of money, what would be the first thing you would do with it?
11. What is the most ridiculous tax in your country (past or present)?
1. Would you like to have your own business? Is it easy to start a business in your country? (PROS AND CONS)
2. If so, what kind of business would you like to start? What business skills do you have?
3. Do you think anyone can start their own business? What kind of people are good at business? Who would be your business hero?
4. What are the dangers of having your own business?
5. Do you think you’d be a tough person to work for?
6. What advice would you give to people starting in business?
7. Would you prefer to start a “bricks ‘n’ mortar” business or an Internet business?
8. What would be your motto in business?
9. What would be your main business goal?
10. Is your country in a boom period or in a recession, or somewhere in between? How easy is it to find a job at the moment? Has the number of unemployed increased or decreased recently?